PDA

View Full Version : The Best Qb's in FCS Today!!!

JustinTyem
10-20-2011, 06:26 AM
http://fcsnowfootball.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/top-qb-in-fcs

HandoEX
10-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Wow, Jensen doesn't even make the list? What more does the guy have to do?

MNLonghorn10
10-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Wow, Jensen doesn't even make the list? What more does the guy have to do?
throw his way out of a wet paper bag.

Tatanka
10-20-2011, 02:12 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoooooooaaa. Wait a second? The paper bag is wet now? That changes everything! I'm sure even emdiggy can get on board with NDSU throwing if the paper bag is wet.

:rofl:

344Johnson
10-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Lots of Jensen love in the comments haha

Twentysix
10-20-2011, 02:32 PM
lol @ lakes. Esley looks like a terrible qb in games so far, how would he possibly make the list with like 20 snaps most of them being pretty bad.

Brock NDSU then mcghee, then rinnie, then NDSU’s backup esley thorton.

Lum is pretty good. Brock should be on the list too.

bisoningrandforks
10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
thank you twenty six.......I dont know what lakes has been smokin....evaluating qb talent is not his strength

ndsubison1
10-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm interested to see row Jensen does in a rivalry game on teh road and vs uni and isu

NDBISON1
10-20-2011, 06:19 PM
UNI game and playoffs will determine how good he is. I'd rather have Brock towards the top of this list at the end of the year than right now.

semobison
10-20-2011, 06:23 PM
He is coming off his best game and playing well this season, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Brock will ultimately be judged on how far he can take us this season, and there is a lot of season left!

HandoEX
10-20-2011, 07:58 PM
He is coming off his best game and playing well this season, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Brock will ultimately be judged on how far he can take us this season, and there is a lot of season left!
Who on that list has lead their team farther than Brock Jensen????? His team has already won multiple games in the playoffs, is undefeated this year, and Brock is having a better season than anyone on that list now. It's amazing that he isn't number one on that list.

MontBison
10-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Who on that list has lead their team farther than Brock Jensen????? His team has already won multiple games in the playoffs, is undefeated this year, and Brock is having a better season than anyone on that list now. It's amazing that he isn't number one on that list.

As much as I would like to agree with you hando DMAC is killing it this year, Brocks numbers are barely comparable.

semobison
10-20-2011, 09:22 PM

There is a lot of season left! We are just getting to the meat of our schedule! If you guys want to hand out mid season awards or whatever this list is, thats fine by me, but he will be judged by how far he takes us the rest of the season! Thats the bottom line!

344Johnson
10-21-2011, 01:41 AM
As much as I would like to agree with you hando DMAC is killing it this year, Brocks numbers are barely comparable.

DMAC can kill it as much as he wants. He also plays in a pass-happy offense correct? He is a very talented player but if he runs into the Herd again this year....well, we saw how that goes.

CAS4127
10-21-2011, 02:41 AM
You know, it is no wonder fans from other teams think Bison fans are full of themselves and fanatics--KEEP THINGS IN EFFIN PERSPECTIVE A BIT--or at least try to!!

344Johnson
10-21-2011, 03:39 AM
You know, it is no wonder fans from other teams think Bison fans are full of themselves and fanatics--KEEP THINGS IN EFFIN PERSPECTIVE A BIT--or at least try to!!

I was under the impression that we ARE full of ourselves?

SUBISON247
10-21-2011, 04:49 AM

Is fan not short for fanatic???

CaBisonFan
10-21-2011, 06:56 AM

Let me get this straight. Being this way is your schtick ?? The anti-Bison routine...as in a stand-up routine? Surely most of what you write is a part of the act.

CaBisonFan
10-21-2011, 07:03 AM

I completely agree with you. The only stat that matters is where the team ends up.

BisoninNWMN
10-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Let me get this straight. Being this way is your schtick ?? The anti-Bison routine...as in a stand-up routine? Surely most of what you write is a part of the act.

Make it easy for ya.....don't read his stuff.

semobison
10-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Make it easy for ya.....don't read his stuff.

If your going to try to be funny, and your not, you gotta take the heat!

EndZoneQB
10-21-2011, 12:56 PM

You can not be serious. He was mocking what Emory Hunt said on his Football Gameplan take.

CaBisonFan
10-21-2011, 01:02 PM
You can not be serious. He was mocking what Emory Hunt said on his Football Gameplan take.

You mean...every time he posts?

EndZoneQB
10-21-2011, 01:06 PM
You mean...every time he posts?

I have no idea what you are even talking about...

CaBisonFan
10-21-2011, 01:19 PM
I have no idea what you are even talking about...

I would have to agree.

Scooter1
10-21-2011, 02:49 PM
I found the best FCS QB.

HandoEX
10-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Really? Barely comparable?

Comp %
Brock: 71.8%
DMac: 60.9%

TD-INT
Brock: 9-1
DMac: 15-5

Sure, MCGee passes alot more, but his stats sure aren't better!

344Johnson
10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
I found the best FCS QB.

LOL if anyone is friends with Brock PLEASE show him this.

tony
10-21-2011, 03:19 PM
I found the best FCS QB.

And there's the first belly laugh of the day!

BisoninNWMN
10-21-2011, 07:59 PM
If your going to try to be funny, and your not, you gotta take the heat!

Who's trying to be funny?

CA was asking if his crap he posts is an act. LOL...I'm trying to be funny? What?

MN posts some off-the-wall crap. Don't read his crap is all I'm saying to CA. Not too hard to figure out.

MontBison
10-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Really? Barely comparable?

Comp %
Brock: 71.8%
DMac: 60.9%

TD-INT
Brock: 9-1
DMac: 15-5

Sure, MCGee passes alot more, but his stats sure aren't better!

I dont have the stats to prove how much DMAC passes but is much less then last year. I'm saying as a biased Bison fan watching every game both have played DMAC would be my QB he's THAT good. I still say NDSU is a better team.

Twentysix
10-21-2011, 08:56 PM
I dont have the stats to prove how much DMAC passes but is much less then last year. I'm saying as a biased Bison fan watching every game both have played DMAC would be my QB he's THAT good. I still say NDSU is a better team.
...........Cmp-att-int
Darius..106-172-5 Eff 162.54 YD 1596
Brock.....89-124-1 Eff 168.70 YD 1101

These stats were taken from the respecitive schools statistics page.

MontBison
10-21-2011, 09:01 PM
...........Cmp-att-int
Darius..106-172-5
Brock.....89-124-1

These stats were taken from the respecitive schools statistics page.

And I'm sure way more passing yards DMAC has a passer rating of 162.93 which is THIRD in the BS so maybe you could make an argument Brock isn't even the 2nd best qb in the BS. Take it for whatever it's worth.:hide:

Twentysix
10-21-2011, 09:03 PM
And I'm sure way more passing yards DMAC has a passer rating of 162.93 which is THIRD in the BS so maybe you could make an argument Brock isn't even the 2nd best qb in the BS. Take it for whatever it's worth.:hide:

Brock jensen is actually the #3 QB in the entire nation when it comes to passing eff.

Denarius is #8.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/stats/2011/diviaa/individual/passing_efficiency_byQB_RATING.html <---- click the link for passer eff rankings.

Brock is #1 in the nation in completion %.

Denarius is tied for #41.

I am obviously talking only about FCS.

Brocks yd/att is 8.9.

Denarius yd/att is 9.3.

Unless brock throws quite a few int in the next couple games, I would say he is a more consistent and all toghether better qb.

Denarius is great too though.

MontBison
10-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Brock jensen is actually the #3 QB in the entire nation when it comes to passing eff.

Denarus is #8.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/stats/2011/diviaa/individual/passing_efficiency_byQB_RATING.html <---- click the link for passer eff rankings.

Brock is #1 in the nation in completion %.

I am obviously talking only about FCS.

Not to get in a pissing match but it's not like NDSU has played the stiffest competition on their schedule. Let's compare all this stuff in 3 weeks.

Twentysix
10-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Not to get in a pissing match but it's not like NDSU has played the stiffest competition on their schedule. Let's compare all this stuff in 3 weeks.

Denarius also has an entire other game played in his stats. MSU has played 7 games NDSU has played 6.

EndZoneQB
10-21-2011, 09:14 PM

Big Fluffy.

/thread

MontBison
10-21-2011, 09:16 PM
I didn't even realize that and trust me I'm in NO ay affiliated with MSU other then attending school here. That's some good shit you provided me though I've got a prof who talks mad shit about NDSU's schedule so i'll be sure to mention that to him!!

MontBison
10-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Big Fluffy.

/thread
My thoughts exactly bruh

EndZoneQB
10-21-2011, 09:19 PM
My thoughts exactly bruh

Haha, I couldn't resist. No argument from me with his ability. He looked pretty legit last year.

Twentysix
10-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Haha, I couldn't resist. No argument from me with his ability. He looked pretty legit last year.

I wouldnt be that upset if he were on our team. :p

AjaxTheMighty
10-21-2011, 10:54 PM
If I had to pick a freakishly accurate pocket passer with a pile of poise, and confidence, or an average accuracy passer with running ability, I take the accurate pocket passer every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'm thinking Randal Cunningham vs. Tom Brady. I bet most coaches would too.

Tatanka
10-21-2011, 11:26 PM

Minot State.

Scooter1
10-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Why is this still a discussion?!?

4 of 5 Kolpacks surveyed say I'm the best.

No one else's hair comes close to mine.

JustinTyem
10-22-2011, 01:02 AM
LOL if anyone is friends with Brock PLEASE show him this.LoL,I will send it to him,LoL

NDSUstudent
10-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Brock has a ways to go before being crowned the best QB in the FCS, he is off to a great start though. These next three games will tell a lot about how great he is.

Facts
10-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Yeah, except the pussy part.

JustinTyem
10-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Oh yaaaaaaaa, its the man BROCK "THE ROCK" JENSEN!!!!!!! BELIEVE IT!!!!!

JustinTyem
06-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Sad,Sad,Sad not even a sniff!!!! :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-4XTgv-ykY

aces1180
06-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Sad,Sad,Sad not even a sniff!!!! :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-4XTgv-ykY

http://www.sondrakistan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Jock_Sniffer.jpg

HandoEX
06-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Austin Sumner is better than Brock Jensen?

That is some funny stuff!!!

56BISON73
06-18-2012, 08:17 PM
http://www.sondrakistan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Jock_Sniffer.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

cbline
06-18-2012, 08:55 PM
I watched some of the other videos that popped up. Whoever put together "Best Safeties of 2012" should look at the Heagle footage from last year's playoff run, particularly the GSU game against the "But Bama" triple option.

344Johnson
06-18-2012, 08:59 PM

Both are excellent IMO. Sumner got put in a real rough situation.

SDSUAlum08
06-18-2012, 09:09 PM

I'm not sure who is a better overall (leadership, intagibles, etc), but Austin Sumner is a hell of a QB and a better passer. I would take Sumner over Jensen right now, but you can't take away from what he's done. He's a national champion.

By the way, Brad Sorenson is still at Southern Utah? That kid needs to graduate and get out of there!

Bison06
06-18-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm not sure who is a better overall (leadership, intagibles, etc), but Austin Sumner is a hell of a QB and a better passer. I would take Sumner over Jensen right now, but you can't take away from what he's done. He's a national champion.

By the way, Brad Sorenson is still at Southern Utah? That kid needs to graduate and get out of there!

Is this guy kiddin?

CaBisonFan
06-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Brock is one of the good ones for sure. Before he got hurt last fall his accuracy was amazing.

He led us to a championship. I'll take that over the stats that other QBs have.

CaBisonFan
06-18-2012, 09:29 PM

Brock understands the concept of ball-control...and taking control of a game. Stats mean nothing in a championship run. We've seen it many times.

SDSUAlum08
06-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Brock understands the concept of ball-control...and taking control of a game. Stats mean nothing in a championship run. We've seen it many times.

I agree with ya Cal. Winners win.

SDSUAlum08
06-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Is this guy kiddin?

I'm totally being a homer. I'll admit it. Both are great QBs.

I could see Sumner being pretty successful with NDSU's running game.

Bison06
06-18-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm totally being a homer. I'll admit it. Both are great QBs.

I could see Sumner being pretty successful with NDSU's running game.

It's alright, I am biased toward NDSU so understand.

Sumner is good, we'll learn a lot more this fall I think.

Mr. Burgundy
06-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Anyone know why Sumner put up great stats last year?

A) They were getting their butt kicked in most games and playing from behind.
B) No running game to speak of. Still have no clue why Stig goes away from smashmouth on that horrendous grass field and goes 5 wide.
C) He had great receivers
D) The defense allows yards when they are up big. Always happens.

With that being said, I think Sumner is a fantastic QB. Their last QB had no heart and loved Cheech and Chong more than the average guy should. Sumner is local, big kid, strong arm, and was thrown into a disaster of a situation. I think their recruiting/stability of kids leaving the program was more of their concern. He is a good one. He could win with the Bison no question. But, Brock is a big strong kid with a great arm, very accurate, great legs and a heart of a champion. That 55 yard TD is a NDSU history run. Kid couldn't even walk before the game he was so sick. Stuff legends are made of. He improved a ton last year and is the leader of this offense. Just watch how he handles the offense. Lucky we have a QB with a national championship under his belt and 2 years remaining. Stacked at QB is an understatement. Bohl learned that lesson once.

HandoEX
06-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Brock has won as many playoff games as Sumner has won total games...more if you count the Montana State game that Mohler finished.

4mcruenomore
06-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Is this a video of Thorton and Wentz?

KSBisonFan
06-19-2012, 02:58 AM
Anyone know why Sumner put up great stats last year?

A) They were getting their butt kicked in most games and playing from behind.
B) No running game to speak of. Still have no clue why Stig goes away from smashmouth on that horrendous grass field and goes 5 wide.
C) He had great receivers
D) The defense allows yards when they are up big. Always happens.

With that being said, I think Sumner is a fantastic QB. Their last QB had no heart and loved Cheech and Chong more than the average guy should. Sumner is local, big kid, strong arm, and was thrown into a disaster of a situation. I think their recruiting/stability of kids leaving the program was more of their concern. He is a good one. He could win with the Bison no question. But, Brock is a big strong kid with a great arm, very accurate, great legs and a heart of a champion. That 55 yard TD is a NDSU history run. Kid couldn't even walk before the game he was so sick. Stuff legends are made of. He improved a ton last year and is the leader of this offense. Just watch how he handles the offense. Lucky we have a QB with a national championship under his belt and 2 years remaining. Stacked at QB is an understatement. Bohl learned that lesson once.

Tommy Chong was just diagnosed with prostate cancer and guess what he treats it with......wait for it............wait for it.............yup, CANNABIS! That right there is the definition of irony.

KSBisonFan
06-19-2012, 03:00 AM

The guy can't even start a thread without it turning into a clusterf&*K......awesome. :hide::biggrin:

BisonNation11
06-19-2012, 03:35 AM
I watched some of the other videos that popped up. Whoever put together "Best Safeties of 2012" should look at the Heagle footage from last year's playoff run, particularly the GSU game against the "But Bama" triple option.

^^^^^ Totally agree! Plus, they had Marcus Williams as a senior. The nation wishes he was a senior!

heffray
06-19-2012, 03:42 AM

This conversation is ridiculous, Brock isn't even the best QB on our roster. His upbringing isn't anywhere NEAR close enough to the west bank of the Northern Missouri.

JustinTyem
06-21-2012, 03:02 AM
all other fcs quarterbacks pale in the glory that is me.... chop shop,chop shop,chop shop !!!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
06-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Damn............the offseason is long...........folks are bored!:rofl:

A1pigskin
06-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Withdrawl more than anything.