PDA

View Full Version : Most missed senior for next season.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-11-2012, 06:14 PM
I know we will miss all of our seniors next season, and a lot of people hate to single out just one guy, but if you have to pick the one senior you think we will miss the most, who would it be?

I'm going with Chad Wilson. I knew from the first time I watched him play at Kansas, that he was going to be something special. He just has an instinct and a nose for the football that can't be coached into a player. A player with his instincts will be hard to replace.

What a great get he was for us. It's just to bad we couldn't find him out of high school. We would have had four years to watch his greatness.

DjKyRo
01-11-2012, 06:15 PM
John Pike is up there. A few huge plays this season, including the late INT vs. SHSU, two INTs against UNI, the strip short of a touchdown vs. GSU, and a bunch of others. Had a bunch of tackles vs. Minnesota too, if I'm not mistaken.

roadwarrior
01-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Ryan Jastrom

MNLonghorn10
01-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Ryan Jastrom
good choice...

i will not miss him on extra points tho

CAS4127
01-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Cornick/Richards.

Big76
01-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Ryan Jastrom

Cannot overestimate the value of a more than reliable kicking game. Kicker and wildcat punter Matt Voitlander were amazing this year...
That being said, Coulter Boyer is my pick.

HoopsBison
I agree 100% with Chad Wilson. The kid played with such a fire and intensity. He brought great leadership and the best thing about him was he was a winner. Luckily for NDSU we have some very talented young LB's who should help fill this void.

A close second would be the two rams in Cornick and Richard. Cornick was just so solid and Richard's ability to play anywhere and line up against opposing teams best players.

aces1180
Matt Voigtlander was a big cog in the machine this year. How many times did he reverse the field position battle?

DjKyRo
Cannot overestimate the value of a more than reliable kicking game. Kicker and wildcat punter Matt Voitlander were amazing this year...
That being said, Coulter Boyer is my pick.

Just chiming in to say that I officially dig the phrase "wildcat punter." Carry on.

HandoEX
01-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Cornick/Richards.
Without question. All Conference and All American. Both are leaving huge shoes to fill. Holloway would be third in my list.

unbison
01-11-2012, 06:23 PM
DJ mcnorton............. maybe one of the best team players ever.................did whatever the coaches asked of him.......after his playoff run last year he was a payton award nominee and he seemed to embrace
the two back system even though it took away award possibilities or personal rewards .....that is a teammate ...........he was lined up on both sides of the ball in his career he played all over on offense how do you
replace that kind of person on a team?

CAS4127
01-11-2012, 06:24 PM
DJ mcnorton............. maybe one of the best team players ever.................did whatever the coaches asked of him.......after his playoff run last year he was a payton award nominee and he seemed to embrace
the two back system even though it took away award possibilities or personal rewards .....that is a teammate ...........he was lined up on both sides of the ball in his career he played all over on offense how do you
replace that kind of person on a team?

Only Lakes could . . . . . . sorry for the thread drift. You make a good point!!

Bison"FANatic"
01-11-2012, 06:29 PM
I have to go with the big guys up front. Cornick seemed like he graded out great week to week and Richard was huge and when we needed him to move over to center to dominate against a 3-4 he was able to do so and it will be hard to be able to find someone to do that. I will not miss his crazy penalties though but I will miss him pulling and just flattening the second level.

SDbison
01-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Willson........unsung hard nose player that provided much leadership. Lots of close #2 picks.....all the starting seniors did a great job of making it a goal to get to the championship game. Best thing is there are a bunch of freshman, sophmores and juniors who did the same. Next year is going to be good too.

DjKyRo
01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
I totally forgot Brady Hansen. Even though his four years of eligibility are up I'm still picking him next year as my "sleeper Bison athlete of the year."

HerdBot
01-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Cornick/Richards.

I second that

coloradobison
01-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Willson........unsung hard nose player that provided much leadership. Lots of close #2 picks.....all the starting seniors did a great job of making it a goal to get to the championship game. Best thing is there are a bunch of freshman, sophmores and juniors who did the same. Next year is going to be good too.

I think his intensity will be missed. Dont see many guys with as much as he has.

BisonTeacher
01-11-2012, 06:37 PM
I have to go with the big guys up front. Cornick seemed like he graded out great week to week and Richard was huge and when we needed him to move over to center to dominate against a 3-4 he was able to do so and it will be hard to be able to find someone to do that. I will not miss his crazy penalties though but I will miss him pulling and just flattening the second level.

Ditto this. This is the one area next year that I worry about being as good as this Year. It all starts with them.

DePereBisonFan
01-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Wow, after reading this thread it shows how many key players we are losing for next season. These are big names, heroes of the Bison. We are losing a lot of talent. I'm so glad they were able to go out as national champions.

SDbison
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Wow, after reading this thread it shows how many key players we are losing for next season. These are big names, heroes of the Bison. We are losing a lot of talent. I'm so glad they were able to go out as national champions. Lots of younger Bison players that both started and excelled will be there to carry the torch into next season. There are just a few spots where someone needs to step up. Bison are going to re-load. Fired up for next year!

MOTBison
01-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Oh MAN!! I have thought about this and really can't come up with a good answer. Loved to watch Willson, the great play and big shoes to fill of Cornick/Richards, the years and positions played by McNorton. I don't know, all the seniors will be missed but one thing I do know is I can't wait until next year.

bisonhp330
01-11-2012, 07:04 PM
this senior leaving will make a difference and will be missed-

Boen Andersen (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204918043&Q_SEASON=2011)
OG
6-2
Sr.
Wayzata, Minn.

Coulter Boyer (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1245633&Q_SEASON=2011)
DE
6-4
Sr.
Hurley, S.D.

Will Britt (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301656&Q_SEASON=2011)
OL
6-4
Sr.
Minneapolis, Minn.

Paul Cornick (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301657&Q_SEASON=2011)
OT
6-6
Sr.
Orono, Minn.

Daniel Eaves (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1245625&Q_SEASON=2011)
FS
6-1
Sr.
Harvey, Ill.

Preston Evans (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1481786&Q_SEASON=2011)
LB
5-11
Sr.
Sioux Falls, S.D.

Brady Hansen (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204965733&Q_SEASON=2011)
WR
6-4
Sr.
Hankinson, N.D.

Warren Holloway (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301660&Q_SEASON=2011)
WR
6-2
Sr.
Houston, Texas

D.J. McNorton (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301669&Q_SEASON=2011)
RB
5-10
Sr.
Channelview, Texas

John Pike (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204978927&Q_SEASON=2011)
DB
5-10
Sr.
Chandler, Ariz.

Austin Richard (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301645&Q_SEASON=2011)
OG
6-3
Sr.
Fargo, N.D.

Scott Stoczynski (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301648&Q_SEASON=2011)
DE
6-3
Sr.
Hoffman Estates, Ill.

Matt Veldman (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301650&Q_SEASON=2011)
TE
6-7
Sr.
Becker, Minn.

Matt Voigtlander (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301651&Q_SEASON=2011)
P/RB
6-0
Sr.
Lino Lakes, Minn.

Chad Willson (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204918037&Q_SEASON=2011)
LB
5-11
Sr.
Layton, Utah

Alex Yaggie (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301655&Q_SEASON=2011)
LB
6-0
Sr.
Thief River Falls, Minn.

Ryan Jastram (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=3707955&Q_SEASON=2011)
K
6-1
RSr.
Sioux Falls, S.D.

Dante Perez (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204778702&Q_SEASON=2011)
QB
5-9
RSr.
San Jose, Calif.

syn·er·gism

   [sin-er-jiz-uhhttp://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngm, si-nur-jiz-]

noun

1.the interaction of elements that when combined produce a total effect that is greater than the sum of the individual elements, contributions, etc.

bison93
01-11-2012, 07:21 PM
All the seniors will be missed.. I will miss Wilson the most. He was a blue collar kind of player, showed up with his lunch box and went to work. One of the best tacklers the Bison have ever had imo and seemed to always be in the right place. Luckily, we have many talented young players that can step into the voids on both defense and offense. The seniors made this team mature and gel. We will need leaders next year to show the way.

lakesbozo
01-11-2012, 07:23 PM
DJ was one of ndsu's greatest players. not only for what he did in the clutch in 2010 playoffs & 2011 championship game, but for stepping up for the team in any role, never crying about other rb's or not getting touches. DJ has a quality about him, and playing through a playoff season while losing your mother, that strength makes him stronger than any player. Congrats DJ, you are one of the classiest guys in ndsu football history, it brought a tear to many down on that field to see you so happy last saturday. god bless you.

bisonmike2
01-11-2012, 07:28 PM
DJ was one of ndsu's greatest players. not only for what he did in the clutch in 2010 playoffs & 2011 championship game, but for stepping up for the team in any role, never crying about other rb's or not getting touches. DJ has a quality about him, and playing through a playoff season while losing your mother, that strength makes him stronger than any player. Congrats DJ, you are one of the classiest guys in ndsu football history, it brought a tear to many down on that field to see you so happy last saturday. god bless you.

Was going to say something very similar to this.

tony
01-11-2012, 07:31 PM
We'll miss them all.

bisontown
01-11-2012, 07:55 PM

Just think how many clutch scores DJ had in the two playoff runs. The 19 yard TD run to start the 4th at MSU to give us the lead, and then the 2 more TD runs he added to seal the deal. The screen pass he took in for a TD the next week at EWU. The 60 yard backbreaker to shut the door on JMU. And of course the screen in the NC to give us the lead for good on SHSU. DJ just had a knack for finding the endzone when we needed it the most. Hopefully someone else can fill that roll!!

Bison"FANatic"
01-11-2012, 08:11 PM
The thing I liked about DJ was watching him pick up the blitz. He would just stand up the rusher and not give a inch and allow his QB time.

HoopsBison
01-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Really hard to say any bad things about this group. They saw and experienced two rough years when they started and made it a point to not go out like that. I think they did just that!

NATTY CHAMPS BABY!

unbison
01-11-2012, 08:26 PM
The thing I liked about DJ was watching him pick up the blitz. He would just stand up the rusher and not give a inch and allow his QB time.
He really was a great blocker!!!

NorthernBison
01-11-2012, 09:38 PM
I know there are backs waiting to get their chance to show their stuff. I hope we have somebody who can replace the speed and power DJ had. Sam has his talents but getting tough yards and running over people is not one of them.

I'm concerned about our kicking game. Jastram was a rock on field goals. The long one before half in the JMU game totally changed the momentum. When I watched Alabama and LSU on Monday night, I was thinking about how BAD the Alabama kicking game was and how I never worried much about Jastram getting us points. Some of the older posters here remember the days of Bison football when we routinely went for 2 point conversions because we sucked royally at kicking PATs. I think Ludwig Milfors was the first kicker we recruited and he had a massive leg but was wild as heck.

BlueBisonRock
01-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I know there are backs waiting to get their chance to show their stuff. I hope we have somebody who can replace the speed and power DJ had. Sam has his talents but getting tough yards and running over people is not one of them.

I'm concerned about our kicking game. Jastram was a rock on field goals. The long one before half in the JMU game totally changed the momentum. When I watched Alabama and LSU on Monday night, I was thinking about how BAD the Alabama kicking game was and how I never worried much about Jastram getting us points. Some of the older posters here remember the days of Bison football when we routinely went for 2 point conversions because we sucked royally at kicking PATs. I think Ludwig Milfors was the first kicker we recruited and he had a massive leg but was wild as heck.

Still remembering McTague who had kicking duties and played at WR in the 70s. Yep, there were times when the kicking game was ignored, but the Bison also had some excellent kickers. I do get your point. We need to get another excellent kicking duo and also develop a bit of a pipeline at that position.

SamsRams
01-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Come on people............it's WiLLson with two L's, you gotta know your players. Cant believe SD is only one to spell his name right.
I believe Bison are stacked at Oustide LB so I cant go with Willson. kickers had a great year, but we continually ran into teams in playoffs with horrible kickers so I am thinking you dont need a great one to get far (although i readily admit Voightlander was the MVP of championship game)
I will miss DJ a ton, but the stable of RB's this team has is not a concern. We all know I am a huge Ram lover, but I feel Fuch can find guys to plug in. Sure they wont dominate games as easily as Cornick and Richard did, but they will learn.

There are 4 at the top of my list
Evans is a beast and I do like Olsons knack for the game, but MLB is tough spot to step into in this defense. However the coaches keep seem to be plugging in the right guy year after year.
Pike and Eaves are BIG losses for many reasons but my main one is who is the guy to step in there? Dudzik/Veldman/Sonnenfeld? this worries me!!

But the easy and clear answer is Big Tex. noone on the team fights for the ball like he did and the team is already thin at WR. Come on Dee Gray, you can step in this year!!

Gully
01-11-2012, 10:20 PM
This one is a tough one. I'm going to say Holloway. He not only had a great season but he could really be MISSED because of our lack of proven WR depth. Willson, Cornick, and Richards would be next on my list.

BisonNeil
01-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Cornick/Richards.

Agreed.

Cornick didn't make four all american lists for no reason. As an OG last year he also kicked ass. He does well getting to the next level.

What would the offense have done in games against a dominating nosepeg without Richard? What will they do next year?

The OL was dominated by the SHSU offensive line in the run game, in my opinion, much like NDSUs DL dominated their OL. I can't imagine how bad it COULD have been if Cornick/Richard hadn't been there.

The run game has to work for the offense to have any success at all. Let's face it, the offense this year was a serviceable unit. Without getting great field position in many games from the defense, and without the 5-7 yds Voitlander got them on every punt exchange, the offense would have been not very good, again, in my opinion. But it would have been a whole lot worse without these two offensive linemen. The replacements have a lot of work over the winter, spring and fall camp to become even remotely as good as these two.

funteddy
01-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Cornick/ Matty V should get some votes for changing positions and adapting pretty well.

TateMosersneighbor
01-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I will go with Willson, just liked how he played the game. Voigtlander is my 2nd for accepting a position change and kicking ass with it...pun intended.

X-Factor
01-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Ryan Jastrom

I gotta agree. I was almost shocked at some of the makes he had this year. For the coaches to have the confidence in him to kick 50+ yarder really changes the complexion of the game for the Bison.

X-Factor
01-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Agreed.

I can't imagine how bad it COULD have been if Cornick/Richard hadn't been there.

That is really glass half empty. The flip side is how much better could it have been had a couple of our other OL recruits in the last few years fallen towards the Bison? I couple that landed in UNI's hands perhaps, could have really made a difference. I get the point though, Cornick/Richard had a big impact on the game.

The run game has to work for the offense to have any success at all. Let's face it, the offense this year was a serviceable unit.

all truth.The offense is definitely the weak link and normally can't do anything without a run game.ISUr is about the only exception I can remember. Some work at the WR position with the QB could possibly change that though. I believe the talent is there, it will just take time to develop and may not really click until 2013.

A1pigskin
01-12-2012, 12:26 AM
I am picking the linemen, Cornick/Richards. The seniors were good at their craft. Second, Pike/Wilson. Third, Boyer/Voit.
It's difficult to just pick one. They all contributed so much.

SlickVic
01-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Id have to say big tex halloway...ndsus all time leader in passes caught...I used to kick it with that kid I remember the first day I met him he said how much for that towncar? Lol I told him not for sale...a few weeks later he bought a cadalic and asked me where the best place was for an oil change so I hopped in and we took her to thors in moorhead...I told the Mexican dude working on it I said that's what we call candy paint in Houston be careful with it and warren laughed...I kicked it with all them kids Tyler roehl Richard bowman shawn bibeu courtney Mitchell Jamar aka the future champ Sam maresh pat pachall Alex belquest heckendorf agebotla Joe mays Emanuel aka dupree Jackson cinque Chapman ramon Isaac lavant rod Thompson jordan sholtenover shamen...even as much Shit as I used to talk to shamen he was a cool cat...he dunked on me once at the wellness center and rich bowman and all them fools were laughing so hard they litterally stopped the game they said I was scared...lol I wasn't scared but I woulda loved to see my facial expression cuz all them guys litterally stopped the game and laughed at me for a few minutes...I was like let's get this show on the road people shamen you and me in the post now ima bout to show you hakeem the dream special and he stuffed me lol...but basically I knew all them dudes and they liked me maybe cuz I'm a bit quirky but...that didn't mean I had to like them and I did I liked each and everyone of them they were all a bunch of sweet fool and more importantly a bunch of good guys...I was the first person to throw bohl under the bus a few years ago and for that I apologize and definitly do feel bad and shoulda coulda woulda known better considering my first hand encounters and friendships with multiple bison football players...all it takes is a few bad apples or just one in particular at Penn state to ruin it for everybody...but I shoulda have known better bison football as a brand top to bottom is a first class operation top shelf from the coaches on down...I had a few run ins with some of them current assistant coaches during the down years with all the off the field issues and how wrong was I but with hind sight being 20-20 I still believe id do the same them fools needed to know that those types of things wernt going to be tolerated and to there credit that staff has completly turned things around but really they havnt things are where they've always been in bison football as far as I can tell first class operation great kids and they will all be missed...and I realize that's cliche and we just won a championship but its the truth I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that them bison football players every single one I've ever had the oppurtunity to hang around has been a top shelf first class outstanding citizen...so long story short craig bohl and his staff and program are right where they deserve to be and honestly probably always have been on top of the world

Twentysix
01-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Richards or Cornick.

SamsRams
01-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Richards or Cornick.

Not to single you out, but if its richards then its cornicks otherwise its richard and cornick there actual names. Wow people, i get mixing up then and than as I do that a lot but these players are bison stars for forever and we keep spelling their names wrong

Twentysix
01-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Not to single you out, but if its richards then its cornicks otherwise its richard and cornick there actual names. Wow people, i get mixing up then and than as I do that a lot but these players are bison stars for forever and we keep spelling their names wrong

5 less career personal fouls and I would spell it right. ;) I thought it was Austin Richards my bad. Anyway, as soon as our oline falters its all over.

Notorious
01-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Cornick/Richards.

This...really, the only question mark going into 2012.

Notorious
01-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Halloway was good, but I was never a huge fan...sorry to be negative. He did some very nice things for us, but I'm expecting to see significant improvement in this area next year. Am I the only one?....

What would I know anyway...just sayin'...

"Sorry Slick"

ISXBISON
01-12-2012, 02:21 AM
Every one of them!!!

PaBizon
01-12-2012, 02:24 AM
Willson. MVP this year IMO

CAS4127
01-12-2012, 03:31 AM

Sorry to do this Sams, but this is right in your wheelhouse. Your post, #33, Scott "Fuch"??!!

Kermit
01-12-2012, 03:47 AM
Sorry to do this Sams, but this is right in your wheelhouse. Your post, #33, Scott "Fuch"??!!

Apparently o-linemen can't have a last name that ends with 's'. ;)

IzzyFlexion
01-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Id have to say big tex halloway...ndsus all time leader in passes caught...I used to kick it with that kid I remember the first day I met him he said how much for that towncar? Lol I told him not for sale...a few weeks later he bought a cadalic and asked me where the best place was for an oil change so I hopped in and we took her to thors in moorhead...I told the Mexican dude working on it I said that's what we call candy paint in Houston be careful with it and warren laughed...I kicked it with all them kids Tyler roehl Richard bowman shawn bibeu courtney Mitchell Jamar aka the future champ Sam maresh pat pachall Alex belquest heckendorf agebotla Joe mays Emanuel aka dupree Jackson cinque Chapman ramon Isaac lavant rod Thompson jordan sholtenover shamen...even as much Shit as I used to talk to shamen he was a cool cat...he dunked on me once at the wellness center and rich bowman and all them fools were laughing so hard they litterally stopped the game they said I was scared...lol I wasn't scared but I woulda loved to see my facial expression cuz all them guys litterally stopped the game and laughed at me for a few minutes...I was like let's get this show on the road people shamen you and me in the post now ima bout to show you hakeem the dream special and he stuffed me lol...but basically I knew all them dudes and they liked me maybe cuz I'm a bit quirky but...that didn't mean I had to like them and I did I liked each and everyone of them they were all a bunch of sweet fool and more importantly a bunch of good guys...I was the first person to throw bohl under the bus a few years ago and for that I apologize and definitly do feel bad and shoulda coulda woulda known better considering my first hand encounters and friendships with multiple bison football players...all it takes is a few bad apples or just one in particular at Penn state to ruin it for everybody...but I shoulda have known better bison football as a brand top to bottom is a first class operation top shelf from the coaches on down...I had a few run ins with some of them current assistant coaches during the down years with all the off the field issues and how wrong was I but with hind sight being 20-20 I still believe id do the same them fools needed to know that those types of things wernt going to be tolerated and to there credit that staff has completly turned things around but really they havnt things are where they've always been in bison football as far as I can tell first class operation great kids and they will all be missed...and I realize that's cliche and we just won a championship but its the truth I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that them bison football players every single one I've ever had the oppurtunity to hang around has been a top shelf first class outstanding citizen...so long story short craig bohl and his staff and program are right where they deserve to be and honestly probably always have been on top of the world

I usually don't read real long post because I have the attention span of a chimp, but I didn't miss a word of this one.
Glad you are back with us slickybaby. I was f*cking rollin' 'bout you getting dunked on!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kermit
01-12-2012, 03:54 AM
I usually don't read real long post because I have the attention span of an chimp, but I didn't miss a word of this one.
Glad you are back with us slickybaby. I was f*cking rollin' 'bout you getting dunked on!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dunked on by SHAMEN! Shamen is what? 5'8"? Too bad he had all the injuries.

Twentysix
01-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Dunked on by SHAMEN! Shamen is what? 5'8"? Too bad he had all the injuries.

Yeah on a roster, he looked alot smaller than smith imo. And smith is listed at 5'7 which is probably an embelishment.

jimmyptubas
01-12-2012, 04:20 AM
I like what everybody has said so far but my vote is for Jastram. I have no idea who lurks in the shadows of "kickerdom" but hopefully they are good.... without jastram I say we lose to Southern Illinois this year.

17>1
01-12-2012, 04:27 AM
I'm going to have to agree and go with Jastram. It seems like almost every other position on the field is one where the Bison seem to not have to rebuild but reload. Jastram and his ability to kick from 50+ really made a difference in a few games, and makes it seem like really big shoes to fill. How nice was it to have the luxury of a solid FG kicker? We saw on several occasions this year during the playoffs how opposing teams were not confident in their kicker and were forced to go for it on 4th and long. Me thinks we've been spoiled a bit.

17>1
01-12-2012, 04:29 AM
I like what everybody has said so far but my vote is for Jastram. I have no idea who lurks in the shadows of "kickerdom" but hopefully they are good.... without jastram I say we lose to Southern Illinois this year.

Or how about Kansas last year? Or even this year against JMU? I think it was that game that he booted the 53 yarder right before half so we could take a lead into halftime. Correct me if I'm wrong but that was huge for momentum in that game, IMHO.

JustinTyem
01-12-2012, 05:23 AM
This season the senior that they needed the most was Warren. No Warren,no passing game. With all the injuries to the WR's,He may have been the Most Valuable Player this season.

SlickVic
01-12-2012, 05:29 AM
This season the senior that they needed the most was Warren. No Warren,no passing game. With all the injuries to the WR's,He may have been the Most Valuable Player this season.

I agree JT ++++++ this buds for you fool...thanks for all the insight and dedication you've brought to bison nation and remember....this is bison nation and Sioux suck...please tell me that well see u in the west lot sometime next season ? You the man bro best wishes and regards

SamsRams
01-12-2012, 05:50 AM

i knew i was gonna mess something up myself. nice find cas4127s

CAS4127
01-12-2012, 01:38 PM
i knew i was gonna mess something up myself. nice find cas4127s

Pretty sure I was the one who first mentioned "Richards".:(

bisonfan08
01-12-2012, 02:03 PM
No doubt we will miss the guys on the O-Line and without them our amazing running game is nothing so hopefully we can pull off the "next guy up" strategy and replace them with some talent. Holloway is going to be missed greatly just do to the rest of our receiving core being completely unproven and a liability as far as injuries are concerned. Hopefully Vraa and Gebhart come back full strength to join Smith and we will be ok. I agree Willson, Evans, Eaves and Pike will all be missed, but I feel we have guys in position to step in for them. For me it is also Jastram, having a reliable kicking game is an undervalued asset in college football and Voigtlander making the switch and doing an amazing job especially in the NC game can't be overlooked. Name that hasn't been mentioned yet is Veldman, it took him until his senior year to really take over and contribute, but his size and presence in the red zone will also be hard to replace.

IBleedYellow
01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Jazzy, no questions asked! WE SHOULD/COULD have given it to him from 55 yards+ and he'd make em every time! THIS GUY WAS A STUD!