PDA

View Full Version : Iowa State In depth Review

GOBISON123
08-19-2014, 04:38 AM
http://www.vivathematadors.com/2014/8/15/6002841/the-summer-preview-iowa-state-cyclones

Offensively Iowa State has a lot to choose from , start with

Bibbs at the tight end spot. He's a little shorter than the average tight end but is fast, bulky,. Bibbs is the conference's best tight end and he's a match up problem for anyone and Mangino has every intention of splitting him out wide .

Quenton Bundrage caught 48 passes for 676 yards and 9 touchdowns.

Allen Lazard is a fantastic 6' 5" receiver, a 4-star legacy for the Cyclones that was a great get for Iowa St. Paired with Bundrage, this should help the passing game open up even more with Bibbs there to clean up over the middle.

If I'm reading things correctly, I think their entire offensive line , from tight end, all the way down is awesome.

Not sure how our band of Jordan Champion, CJ Smith, Christian Dudzik and Colten Heagle can contain these guys :facepalm:

Christopher Moen
08-19-2014, 05:11 AM
http://www.vivathematadors.com/2014/8/15/6002841/the-summer-preview-iowa-state-cyclones

Offensively Iowa State has a lot to choose from , start with

Bibbs at the tight end spot. He's a little shorter than the average tight end but is fast, bulky,. Bibbs is the conference's best tight end and he's a match up problem for anyone and Mangino has every intention of splitting him out wide .

Quenton Bundrage caught 48 passes for 676 yards and 9 touchdowns.

Allen Lazard is a fantastic 6' 5" receiver, a 4-star legacy for the Cyclones that was a great get for Iowa St. Paired with Bundrage, this should help the passing game open up even more with Bibbs there to clean up over the middle.

If I'm reading things correctly, I think their entire offensive line , from tight end, all the way down is awesome.

Not sure how our band of Jordan Champion, CJ Smith, Christian Dudzik and Colten Heagle can contain these guys :facepalm:

The article seems like the author got all his information from ISU fans, as nearly everything is written darn near verbatim from their various message board posts.

Not sure why ISU and their fans think Mangino (Magino according to the author) is some kind of coaching genius since his coaching career proves otherwise. Had one great year (2007) at Kansas. The rest of his time there led to a 50-48 record. I don't think even UND fans would find that impressive.

Also, way too much talk about a talented receiver (Lazard) who is a true freshman and is not yet listed on their depth chart.

Not to go on a tangent, by anyone else find it ironic that ISU fans disrespect NDSU because they are not a FBS program (FCS hardly gets mentioned by name, but rather referred to as either "not Division I football," 1-AA or Division II), but get ecstatic over their incoming recruits from JUCO programs. :confused:

GOBISON123
08-19-2014, 05:15 AM
The article seems like the author got all his information from ISU fans, as nearly everything is written darn near verbatim from their various message board posts.

Not sure why ISU and their fans think Mangino (Magino according to the author) is some kind of coaching genius since his coaching career proves otherwise. Had one great year (2007) at Kansas. The rest of his time there led to a 50-48 record. I don't think even UND fans would find that impressive.

Also, way too much talk about a talented receiver (Lazard) who is a true freshman and is not yet listed on their depth chart.

Not to go on a tangent, by anyone else find it ironic that ISU fans disrespect NDSU because they are not a FBS program (FCS hardly gets mentioned by name, but rather referred to as either "not Division I football," 1-AA or Division II), but get ecstatic over their incoming recruits from JUCO programs. :confused:

One thing is obvious they will throw the ball more, regardless of how bad Mangino is.

Christopher Moen
08-19-2014, 05:27 AM
One thing is obvious they will throw the ball more, regardless of how bad Mangino is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaCwfJY4xt8

GOBISON123
08-19-2014, 05:28 AM
Cyclone Sam...without a doubt :rofl:

Christopher Moen
08-19-2014, 05:35 AM
Cyclone Sam...without a doubt :rofl:

"Without a Doubt" That video pretty much sums up their fans. Where would ISU football be without their faithful vocal fans?

I would give them props if they could debate with some type of logic, but then again if they could, they probably wouldn't be so vocal and faithful.

thebigund
08-19-2014, 01:54 PM
"Without a Doubt" That video pretty much sums up their fans. Where would ISU football be without their faithful vocal fans?

I would give them props if they could debate with some type of logic, but then again if they could, they probably wouldn't be so vocal and faithful.

Just make sure the defense isn't wearing anything metal or Magnito will control them all game.

Tatanka
08-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Just make sure the defense isn't wearing anything metal or Magnito will control them all game.

Mangino doesn't need magnetism although, similar to earth, I'm sure he has polarity. He has his legendary gravitational field with which to keep his players in orbit, as well as any stray food items unfortunate enough to be caught unaware. Row 1 best buckle up.

Bisonator98
08-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Typical homer article. Yes ISU is good offensively. Are they all world as this seems to suggest.....NO. They were 3-8 last season for a reason. I have no doubt we will move the ball and score against there defense or lack there of, our defense just needs to limit big plays and create a few TO's.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Typical homer article. Yes ISU is good offensively. Are they all world as this seems to suggest.....NO. They were 3-8 last season for a reason. I have no doubt we will move the ball and score against there defense or lack there of, our defense just needs to limit big plays and create a few TO's.

Well said. I think, like a majority of the time, our Defense will be the deciding factor in this game. I hope and think we will be able to limit the amount of big plays by ISU, and hopefully our new QB will show us why he is in this position.

BisonNeil
08-20-2014, 03:04 AM

Still, as I have said elsewhere, I cannot imagine how difficult it will be for NDSUs defense to prepare for an offense for which no tape exists. Plenty of film on Bison tendencies. This has to give ISU a decided advantage in game planning.

CyPanth
08-20-2014, 10:02 PM

Correction. We were 3-9. :facepalm:

GOBISON123
08-20-2014, 10:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11311500

SDbison
08-20-2014, 10:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11311500

The video clip above is currently not available.......what was it about?

GOBISON123
08-20-2014, 11:19 PM
The video clip above is currently not available.......what was it about?

Phil Murphy from ESPN asked Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads what are their plans for the upcoming season and Paul Rhoads said

Most improved position is the QB position.
Expects EJ Bibbs to have a greater role and more ball in his hands and spread him out. He is the playmaker for Iowa Cyclones.
Expects Corey Morsey to get to the QB.
Talked about Alan Lazard .

El_Chapo
08-20-2014, 11:23 PM
Punch them in the mouth early & often. This is an absolute must.

IzzyFlexion
08-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Phil Murphy from ESPN asked Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads what are their plans for the upcoming season and Paul Rhoads said

Most improved position is the QB position.
Expects EJ Bibbs to have a greater role and more ball in his hands and spread him out. He is the playmaker for Iowa Cyclones.
Expects Corey Morsey to get to the QB.
Talked about Alan Lazard .

Well, Carson is only giving him 29 pounds (231/260) and is 2 inches taller........(6' 6"/6" 4")
Bring it bitch.

BisoninNWMN
08-20-2014, 11:47 PM
Still, as I have said elsewhere, I cannot imagine how difficult it will be for NDSUs defense to prepare for an offense for which no tape exists. Plenty of film on Bison tendencies. This has to give ISU a decided advantage in game planning.

I'm sure Mangino has not drastically changed his offensive philosophy since Kansas. Coaches get in 'comfort' zones just like anyone else.

I'm sure the Bison coaches will be prepared.

sbark
08-21-2014, 02:07 AM
Coach on radio talk show on trip thru Iowa in early Aug had him saying they will be a no-huddle offense---time will tell. At that time, he said the competition between the 2 QB's was even, with each struggling in some areas, doing well in others.

GOBISON123
08-22-2014, 12:25 AM
RB Aaron Wimberly smiles when the reporter asks if he will catch the ball more this year.....hmmmmm.....

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/isu-football/2014/08/12/how-will-cyclones-use-aaron-wimberly-and-devondrick-nealy-this-fall/13894087/

GOBISON123
08-22-2014, 10:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUcE1B5Twjk&list=UU7_Jgn6pDG-tS0dRgXqdBEA

Iowa Cyclones Position updates.