PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Bison Nation from Frisco resident

FriscoMike
01-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Hi all and congrats,

Just a little salute to you guys for making the championship game in Frisco a success. I had read on some Bison forums that there was rumors that Frisco resident didn't like Bison fans....totally untrue...not from anyone I've talked to. Unless we were driving by the stadium or at the mall that weekend we barely saw you, most Frisco residents barely knew there was a game. This is a busy suburb, we just appreciate that extra money 17,000 rabid Bison fans can inject into the tax coffers. Personally I think we would have a much harder time marketing ourselves as a championship spot for college subdivision without your fan base. That is extremely uncommon in subdivision football, especially down here, you saw that when you played Sam Houston State which couldn't match your crowd even though they were 3 hours away from here and have alot of local alums. Without your fan base we probably would've averaged 11 or 12,000 on a good year for that game, just too many other sports events in dfw to compete with.

Personally I appreciate the rabid fan base, I didn't pay much attention the first year you came. Just an article in the paper, didn't think the game would attract alot of fans. We were all suprised at the result when you guys showed up in mass. Especially after 4 years of driving down through the plains, and yet you showed up again, just amazing. You had a sign similar to the hook em horns sign so i had to go with you guys from the beginning. We expect big crowd showings from Arkansas, LSU, or Ohio State but yours is special.

I read some of the thoughts on Frisco on your forum, some of you didn't appreciate the big city, I can understand that. But there are a number of reasonable fans that pointed out the good points and defended us. Appreciate that, there's a high school stadium in Allen that is nicer than Toyota Field, it's a soccer stadium, so they do the best they can with what they have for football. After Jerry Jones builds the Cowboys practice dome in town, high school football games will probably be played at Toyota Field rarely as well.

Also gave me the opportunity to see what a nice city Fargo is, being a demographer those of you in Fargo have a pretty good thing going outside of the winters. But we have our summers so everything has a balance.

Well just a quick note to show that we welcome the bison back for hopefully a fifth try. I'm not affiliated with the city or a local business owner, just wanted to debunk the myth that a normal frisco resident is a bison hater. Thanks for bringing football excitement to Frisco outside of the Cowboys practicing:)

bisonfanette
01-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Nice post! Thank you for your thoughts. We sure enjoy coming down... hoping for warmer weather next year! :)

FriscoMike
01-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Well just bad timing, today it's 60 degrees and sunny in Frisco:) That is what most of our winter is generally like.

Green1
01-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Thanks for spending some time to give us your thoughts! Stop by again!

Bison Gal
01-17-2015, 06:29 PM
Thanks for offsetting those rumors....appreciate it. We love Frisco!

56BISON73
01-17-2015, 06:31 PM
During this last trip I had numerous people come up to us and say welcome back, who you playing this year, where you from, we are now fans and follow you, etc etc. People dont do that if they have heard bad things about you. I HAVE A FEELING THE ANGST COMES FROM UP NORTH and they feed the rumor mill to make themselves feel better.

tjbison
01-17-2015, 06:35 PM
During this last trip I had numerous people come up to us and say welcome back, who you playing this year, where you from, we are now fans and follow you, etc etc. People dont do that if they have heard bad things about you. I HAVE A FEELING THE ANGST COMES FROM UP NORTH and they feed the rumor mill to make themselves feel better.

Frisco likes us better than St paul likes you know who

I wonder if any Bison fans went to jail? I know for a fact during the ice dancing tournament at the Xcel there were arrests nearly every year it was there

56BISON73
01-17-2015, 06:43 PM

I wonder if any Bison fans went to jail? I know for a fact during the ice dancing tournament at the Xcel there were arrests nearly every year it was there

Had the manager of the Blue Goose come over and talk to us. Asked when everyone else was going to show up. Told us he loves the Bison fans. he said the place gets really busy when we are in town and even though the place gets packed and it take a little longer to serve people the Bison fans all stay friendly and they really appreciate that. Plus he said we are really a fun crowd to do business with.

NDogg44
01-17-2015, 08:10 PM
I'll echo that FriscoMike. I live in Addison and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience that the NDSU fans have provided. I've been to all five games here in Frisco, and as a college football fan, I LOVE to see the Bison fans flood my city!

A1pigskin
01-17-2015, 09:46 PM
I enjoyed Frisco when I was there a few years ago.

bison_by_blood
01-18-2015, 12:01 AM

Only "altercation" I saw was between a fan and the porcelain. 3 cops in the bathroom at halftime to babysit one drunk. Must not have had much else to do.

FriscoMike
01-18-2015, 01:05 AM

You're probably right, Oklahoma and Texas rule in Frisco with a myriad other colleges becoming more prominent with more people moving in, but NDSU has gained alot of love here for sure.

Minnesota is renowned even this far away for their lack of support, but that tends to happen when you're a perennial loser, unless you're an Aggie. Texas A&M is rabid even when they have consecutive losing seasons, have to respect that even as a Longhorn fan. Strange that they have been so good in the vaunted SEC when they couldn't win in the Big 12....anyway.

Our local power TCU certainly appreciates Minnesota for managing to have a decent year this year. Almost got them into the CFP playoff or whatever you want to call it. Credit to Ohio State they deserved it in the end.

Hammerhead
01-18-2015, 01:31 AM
I was surprised how little traffic there was on Saturday other than right around the stadium. We stayed near DFW and had wide open freeways until we hit the backup at the Frisco exit.

tjbison
01-18-2015, 01:40 AM
You're probably right, Oklahoma and Texas rule in Frisco with a myriad other colleges becoming more prominent with more people moving in, but NDSU has gained alot of love here for sure.

Minnesota is renowned even this far away for their lack of support, but that tends to happen when you're a perennial loser, unless you're an Aggie. Texas A&M is rabid even when they have consecutive losing seasons, have to respect that even as a Longhorn fan. Strange that they have been so good in the vaunted SEC when they couldn't win in the Big 12....anyway.

Our local power TCU certainly appreciates Minnesota for managing to have a decent year this year. Almost got them into the CFP playoff or whatever you want to call it. Credit to Ohio State they deserved it in the end.

My whole post you quoted was a jab at our neighbors to the north and in state rival, nothing to do with Frisco

Sorry it was an inside joke of sorts

SDbison
01-18-2015, 01:53 AM

Our local power TCU certainly appreciates Minnesota for managing to have a decent year this year. Almost got them into the CFP playoff or whatever you want to call it. Credit to Ohio State they deserved it in the end. Thanks for posting.........I am surprised our regular poster, MNLonghorn has not.replied here. Unlike most Bison fans I am ready for FBS. No respect for FCS no matter how many FBS teams we beat. NDSU has fans like upper half of FBS.