PDA

View Full Version : Montana State Tickets on sale now

HerdBot
11-28-2018, 03:21 PM
Thought I would throw this out since our entire marketing departments plan is to send out a tweet. Tons of tickets available at www.GoBison.com or 231-NDSU
You can get 4th row sideline section 13 now with no teammakers donation

Professor Chaos
11-28-2018, 03:31 PM
I got an email from NDSU Athletics shortly after 6AM this morning saying playoff tickets go on sale at 7AM online only.

It's actually a pretty small amount of tickets left. Maybe 1500 is my guesstimate. I would guess it'll be close to if not a complete sellout with a shade over 18k as the announced attendance (last year's 2nd round game was 18,067) since they won't count the band.

Not-so-bold-prediction: It'll be around double the next highest attended game for the rest of the 2nd round games and about 4-5 times what SDSU draws down in Brookings.

El_Chapo
11-28-2018, 03:33 PM
FCS FATIGUE

sorry its happening.

roadwarrior
11-28-2018, 03:41 PM
Is everyone still convinced a 40,000 seat stadium is needed?

bisonfanette
11-28-2018, 03:58 PM
Section 13 - Row K and higher, up to KK is ALL AVAILABLE.

Considering they sold many seats in sections 10-12 last week, the student numbers are waaay down.

EC8CH
11-28-2018, 03:58 PM

Considering they sold many seats in sections 10-12 last week, the student numbers are waaay down.

Student turnout has been underwhelming all year frankly.

Gully
11-28-2018, 04:25 PM
The way they’re talking on The Insiders it sounds like they’re worried about it selling out.

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2018, 04:26 PM
Is there still a waiting list for season tickets?

El_Chapo
11-28-2018, 04:30 PM
#1 FCS FATIGUE is real.

#2 in Playoffs, the Corporate Stiffs with all the prime season tickets don't renew.

#3 FCS FATIGUE

17>1
11-28-2018, 04:31 PM
Sell out/full house during the regular season does not compare to a playoff crowd. Playoff crowd is there on purpose, and we're gonna make a ruckus...even if it's short of a sell out. Can't wait! Love me some Bison playoff football.

Go Bison!

KNOW IT ALL
11-28-2018, 04:43 PM

I think you see that at many colleges these days. A sign of the times.

cbline
11-28-2018, 04:57 PM
I think you see that at many colleges these days. A sign of the times.

Kids these days! Back when I was in school, we sat in the arctic temps at Dacotah Field, and we LIKED IT!

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2018, 05:03 PM
Kids these days! Back when I was in school, we sat in the arctic temps at Dacotah Field, and we LIKED IT!

I can tell you in the early Fargodome days, when we still wiped an ID at the turnstile, there were plenty of seats open.

HerdBot
11-28-2018, 05:24 PM
Sell out/full house during the regular season does not compare to a playoff crowd. Playoff crowd is there on purpose, and we're gonna make a ruckus...even if it's short of a sell out. Can't wait! Love me some Bison playoff football.

Go Bison!

I remember the first Thanksgiving weekend play off game vs Robert Morris in 2010, probably 11k fans but it was twice as loud as any game we've seen all year

HerdBot
11-28-2018, 05:28 PM

In showing row D, or row 4

bisonfanette
11-28-2018, 05:49 PM
In showing row D, or row 4

When you put your curser on that row... it says Row K.... and empty seats all the way to the top. I'm guessing they sold the lower seats to the students.
(It looks like the 4th row.... so I understand the confusion.)

bisonfanette
11-28-2018, 05:55 PM
Is there still a waiting list for season tickets?

Someone else needs to confirm the answer to your question... I would guess there are fans with fewer points who would love season tickets.
Won't it be interesting to see which section they go to next? Section 15 ~ or 10 ?

devin45k
11-28-2018, 06:00 PM

To be fair, younger people like to see things that are new an interesting. You can predict everything that will happen at an NDSU football game except for the score and an occasional power outage. They really dont introduce anything new and different.

I am just giving another side of the argument. I am fine with NDSU tradition and winning FCS titles.

Trumpster
11-28-2018, 06:07 PM
To be fair, younger people like to see things that are new an interesting. You can predict everything that will happen at an NDSU football game except for the score and an occasional power outage. They really dont introduce anything new and different.

I am just giving another side of the argument. I am fine with NDSU tradition and winning FCS titles.

Also TV time outs are terrible.

Christopher Moen
11-28-2018, 06:09 PM
I can tell you in the early Fargodome days, when we still wiped an ID at the turnstile, there were plenty of seats open.

During my time (mid to late 90s), there was only one game that would sell out every two years. And yes, plenty of free seats in the student section(s).

Mr Meaty
11-28-2018, 06:12 PM

Maybe give free tuition like a school up north that is done playing for the year.
It is a sign of the times as previously stated. Yutes these days are different than us old timers.

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2018, 06:22 PM

Yep. Exactly. Open up more season ticket opportunities for the older folks who love the games.

Stay home and play Fortnite all they want, we'll show up.

Christopher Moen
11-28-2018, 06:33 PM
Yep. Exactly. Open up more season ticket opportunities for the older folks who love the games.

Stay home and play Fortnite all they want, we'll show up.

This is a good point. I believe when students graduate and get good jobs, they will start looking at attending NDSU games more than they did as youths. Right now, they have a lot of "other" things to preoccupied their time. As I say this, please keep in mind, it isn't dissing today's students, but pretty much every generation before them too. As someone who doesn't live in the FM area, I attend more NDSU games now than I did as a student. I suspect that is common for many other alumni. Perhaps, we'll see the student section minimized in the near future to open up more season tickets and Team Makers revenue. If the FargoDome becomes 100% paid tickets (not counting the band, of course), and there still is a large demand, then perhaps, there will be a strong case for expansion/new building.

Gully
11-28-2018, 06:47 PM

In the early Fargodome days, you "showed" your ID at the door. In fact, I showed my ID for 2-3 years after I graduated :)

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2018, 06:55 PM
The way they’re talking on The Insiders it sounds like they’re worried about it selling out.

I just took a look....I agree with Gully. We may have the first non-sell out in a long time. I hope I am proved wrong.

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2018, 07:24 PM
In the early Fargodome days, you "showed" your ID at the door. In fact, I showed my ID for 2-3 years after I graduated :)

OK, I distinctly remember a swipe at some time. might have happened later.

Hammerhead
11-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Scanning through available seats, Section 13 (part of the student section) is totally empty from rows RR to KK.

GreenfieldBison
11-28-2018, 07:33 PM
Does a two year old need a ticket or can they “sit” in a parents lap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vet70
11-28-2018, 07:36 PM
Does a two year old need a ticket or can they “sit” in a parents lap?

Two is okay, three is not.
https://gobison.com/sports/2013/5/23/tkt_fb.aspx

bisonfanette
11-28-2018, 07:51 PM
Scanning through available seats, Section 13 (part of the student section) is totally empty from rows RR to KK.

I think you mean from Row K to KK in section 13... way too many seats avail. Maybe they should get the word out on the RADIO? :)

Rixen
11-28-2018, 08:42 PM
I knew when Coach K tweeted today for the first time in a long time to tell bisonation we need a loud atmosphere that we were worried about ticket sales.

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2018, 08:46 PM
NDSU killed the walk-up market by locking down so many season tickets/student seats/preseason sale tickets. Now nobody even thinks to try to get tickets on the primary market anymore.

SomeBeach
11-28-2018, 09:06 PM
This is the downside to having all of our games available on TV. To many, watching at home or in a bar with friends is as attractive as actually being there in person. Combine that with a game that is not "supposed" to be close... very easy to opt for TV over Tickets.

GreenfieldBison
11-28-2018, 09:23 PM
Two is okay, three is not.
https://gobison.com/sports/2013/5/23/tkt_fb.aspx

Got it. Thanks Vet!

NDSU1980
11-28-2018, 09:38 PM

And not only that, but walked uphill to get to the game too.

Vet70
11-28-2018, 09:43 PM
And not only that, but walked uphill to get to the game too.

Both ways.

HerdBot
11-28-2018, 10:33 PM
I dont think we've sold 50 tickets since I started this thread. Not sure why people wouldn't want to see a good team like Montana State. This is actually a good playoff game.

HerdBot
11-28-2018, 10:36 PM
This is the downside to having all of our games available on TV. To many, watching at home or in a bar with friends is as attractive as actually being there in person. Combine that with a game that is not "supposed" to be close... very easy to opt for TV over Tickets.

Watching on TV is like watching a rock concert in mono TV speakers vs being there. Not even close This game isnt on regular TV. ESPN 3 only. It's not a downside. Almost every game sells out. This game definitely won't sell out though unless something changes quickly

bisonaudit
11-28-2018, 11:17 PM
This is a good point. I believe when students graduate and get good jobs, they will start looking at attending NDSU games more than they did as youths. Right now, they have a lot of "other" things to preoccupied their time. As I say this, please keep in mind, it isn't dissing today's students, but pretty much every generation before them too. As someone who doesn't live in the FM area, I attend more NDSU games now than I did as a student. I suspect that is common for many other alumni. Perhaps, we'll see the student section minimized in the near future to open up more season tickets and Team Makers revenue. If the FargoDome becomes 100% paid tickets (not counting the band, of course), and there still is a large demand, then perhaps, there will be a strong case for expansion/new building.

The students pay full freight for their seats, including the equivalent of teammakers fees for their sections.

El_Chapo
11-29-2018, 01:02 AM
Wake up people. NDSU football is in wrong division everyone sees it

Fcs fatigue

NDSU admin better do something. Ahem

Bison 4 Life
11-29-2018, 03:47 AM
The students pay full freight for their seats, including the equivalent of teammakers fees for their sections.

4 students pay for 1 seat. Cut them another deal on their fees and sell another section to paying customers.

Professor Chaos
11-29-2018, 03:56 AM
Well, my prediction of 18,000 is starting to look pretty shaky. Count of remaining tickets.

Section 5: 6
Section 6: 68
Section 7: 83
Section 8: 3
Section 12: 58
Section 13: 466
Section 14: 158
Section 22: 23
Section 24: 149
Section 25: 32
Section 26: 2
Section 27: 1
Section 28: 30
Section 29: 36
Section 30: 68
Section 31: 9

Total: 1,192

Even a complete sell-out will only have ~18,300 in attendance due to the seats the band takes up not being counted. Looks like we might be headed towards a similar attendance figure from last year against Wofford in the quarterfinals where we barely cracked 17,000. I guess dominant football is just boring to some...

If it's Colgate instead of JMU coming to town next week for an 11AM Saturday quarterfinal kickoff I'm guessing that number will take another dive.

bisonfanette
11-29-2018, 04:53 AM
Well, my prediction of 18,000 is starting to look pretty shaky. Count of remaining tickets.

Even a complete sell-out will only have ~18,300 in attendance due to the seats the band takes up not being counted. Looks like we might be headed towards a similar attendance figure from last year against Wofford in the quarterfinals where we barely cracked 17,000. I guess dominant football is just boring to some...
If it's Colgate instead of JMU coming to town next week for an 11AM Saturday quarterfinal kickoff I'm guessing that number will take another dive.

You did alot of counting.
Question ~ Why did they sell SRO tickets last week? They sold a bunch. (The 20+ yr old alumni & their friends buy them, & cram into the student section, as well as ppl with small children etc.) Why not "sell the seats" FIRST, and don't offer SRO tickets until SEATS are sold? (That's not too hard to figure out.)

Christopher Moen
11-29-2018, 05:23 AM
Question ~ Why did they sell SRO tickets last week? They sold a bunch. (The 20+ yr old alumni & their friends buy them, & cram into the student section, as well as ppl with small children etc.) Why not "sell the seats" FIRST, and don't offer SRO tickets until SEATS are sold? (That's not too hard to figure out.)

My guess, they knew SRO tickets were available ahead of time, but didn’t know about “seat” tickets until recently.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

ALPHAGRIZ1
11-29-2018, 06:08 AM
I wouldnt want to watch what NDSU is going to do to state on Saturday........ Either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
11-29-2018, 03:01 PM
Youngins are turning into snowflakes. They would rather play a gladiator sport video game than watch it in person.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
11-29-2018, 03:10 PM
Youngins are turning into snowflakes. They would rather play a gladiator sport video game than watch it in person.

I know. It’s just plain offensive the frivolous ways kids these days choose to spend their own free time.

PattyBison
11-29-2018, 03:12 PM

I'm not understanding why it matters?

Vet70
11-29-2018, 03:14 PM
I know. It’s just plain offensive the frivolous ways kids these days choose to spend their own free time.

I don't care one bit how they spend their free time as long as they stay off of my lawn.

MAKBison
11-29-2018, 03:39 PM

I bet half of these go by Friday.

Mr Meaty
11-29-2018, 03:49 PM
Just a suggestion and not sure if it can be done. Could NDSU ask KVLY, Kolpack and Izzo and Forum to mention or print at the end of articles/tv spots for tickets go to gobison.com. Or at minimum mention there are still tickets available... something. Maybe that because a paid ad I do not know. Seems harmless to me.

Professor Chaos
11-29-2018, 03:54 PM
I bet half of these go by Friday.
I don't know, there's almost zero momentum right now moving those open tickets. I bet no more than a few hundred have been sold since they opened them up yesterday morning. I can't imagine that it'll pick up much as we get closer to the game. Walk-up crowds are virtually non-existent since we've been trained to never have that option.

Christopher Moen
11-29-2018, 03:54 PM

Calm down, students not coming to Bison games in droves isn't something new. As I posted yesterday, the student sections were fairly empty during my time too (mid to late 90s). College students have a lot more going on than people seem to remember here. There's a reason why our fanbase, along with pretty much every other popular college football team, as an older group (30+ years old). Being a fan becomes easier once we have more money and stable.

PattyBison
11-29-2018, 03:55 PM
Just a suggestion and not sure if it can be done. Could NDSU ask KVLY, Kolpack and Izzo and Forum to mention or print at the end of articles/tv spots for tickets go to gobison.com. Or at minimum mention there are still tickets available... something. Maybe that because a paid ad I do not know. Seems harmless to me.

I have been traveling this week so I can't speak to this particular game, but I know when people were asking the exact same question last year, I heard it on multiple tv and multiple radio stations that tickets were available.

Jay
11-29-2018, 04:03 PM
Just tweeted out...

aces1180
11-29-2018, 04:15 PM

Agreed with this...Send out a simple press release...The media around here is always looking for content.

ALPHAGRIZ1
11-29-2018, 04:44 PM
Are people really that sick of watching you guys win?

El_Chapo
11-29-2018, 04:47 PM
are people really that sick of watching you guys win?

yup!! Fcs fatigue

bisonfanette
11-29-2018, 05:05 PM
I'm not understanding why it matters?

Doesn't it make sense to sell $35. and $45. seats first (filling the seats of the dome) rather than $25. standing room only tickets (which are meant to fill the corners)?

(I understand that they weren't aware of the student #'s when the SRO tickets were sold) I also don't know how many SRO tickets they sell?

PattyBison
11-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Doesn't it make sense to sell $35. and $45. seats first (filling the seats of the dome) rather than $25. standing room only tickets (which are meant to fill the corners)?

(I understand that they weren't aware of the student #'s when the SRO tickets were sold) I also don't know how many SRO tickets they sell?

Well since NCAA gets almost all of the gate money, I guess I don't see where it matters. If 10 bucks gets more people in the door, I would rather focus on getting more people there.

IzzyFlexion
11-29-2018, 05:23 PM
I don't see it that way.

a) The seats that are being re-sold (NDSU has already recognized revenue from) on ticket broker sites and Craig's List for the big dollar amounts are not moving very quickly.

b) Seems like the excitement level is down this year, yet fans still want to go. Folks will likely buy up the $25 tix and pass on the $35, $45, and higher priced 3rd party ones. They won't stay in the corners. They'll funnel into the unsold reserve seats once the game is under way.

c) This gives NDSU an opportunity to sell more tickets.....just wont be as much revenue.....but it is better than zero (for the unsold reserved).

Bison03
11-29-2018, 05:30 PM
Fully expect the crowd on Saturday, no matter what the number, to be louder then any other game this year. Playoff crowds are a different animal.

PattyBison
11-29-2018, 05:32 PM
I don't see it that way.

a) The seats that are being re-sold (NDSU has already recognized revenue from) on ticket broker sites and Craig's List for the big dollar amounts are not moving very quickly.

b) Seems like the excitement level is down this year, yet fans still want to go. Folks will likely buy up the $25 tix and pass on the $35, $45, and higher priced 3rd party ones. They won't stay in the corners. They'll funnel into the unsold reserve seats once the game is under way.

c) This gives NDSU an opportunity to sell more tickets.....just wont be as much revenue.....but it is better than zero (for the unsold reserved).

Yeah, you worded it better than I did. And I would just add to yours that NCAA gets most of the gate, so if you get them in the door, more 50/50 sales, more food, more parking.

bisonfanette
11-29-2018, 05:39 PM
Well since NCAA gets almost all of the gate money, I guess I don't see where it matters. If 10 bucks gets more people in the door, I would rather focus on getting more people there.

Drinking too much diet coke.... forgot the NCAA part. Trust me, I'm spreading the word like crazy that now is the time for ppl to experience the BISON PLAYOFFS! (I even called our local radio station.)

cbline
11-29-2018, 05:51 PM
Fully expect the crowd on Saturday, no matter what the number, to be louder then any other game this year. Playoff crowds are a different animal.

^^^ Truth ^^^ The atmosphere in the Dome definitely changes.

MAKBison
11-29-2018, 05:54 PM

Yeah, I am kinda getting excited myself....love the playoff atmosphere

HerdBot
11-29-2018, 06:11 PM
Great tickets are still available. Playoff atmosphere. www.gobison.com/tickets
701-231-NDSU or at the SHAC

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-29-2018, 06:46 PM
Are people really that sick of watching you guys win?

All of the games this season except SDSU have been blowouts, so people/students are getting bored with it. Add to that the fact that MSU isn't expected to be much better than most of the puds we have blown out this season, so the excitement level for this game isn't very high. There will be more interest in the games as the opponents get better. SDSU or JMU will sell out quickly.

Bison 4 Life
11-29-2018, 06:50 PM
All of the games this season except SDSU have been blowouts, so people/students are getting bored with it. Add to that the fact that MSU isn't expected to be much better than most of the puds we have blown out this season, so the excitement level for this game isn't very high. There will be more interest in the games as the opponents get better. SDSU or JMU will sell out quickly.

I don't know how that happens. Call me a NDSU bobo but sitting at home in Ohio, I have watched every game until the final whistle.

Every game I've been to in Fargo and all over, same thing.

Vet70
11-29-2018, 07:09 PM
I don't know how that happens. Call me a NDSU bobo but sitting at home in Ohio, I have watched every game until the final whistle.

So, I take it you won't be joining Lakes this Saturday?

bisonfanette
11-29-2018, 08:21 PM

You, the Ndsu bobo, are not alone!

Hammerhead
11-30-2018, 02:33 AM
We’ve never left a Bison game early, even in the 2008 losses we attended. The only game I can remember leaving early was a high school game where it was cold and my dad wanted to go home.

StL Bison Fan
11-30-2018, 03:43 AM
We’ve never left a Bison game early, even in the 2008 losses we attended. The only game I can remember leaving early was a high school game where it was cold and my dad wanted to go home.

A 27 second left NDSU win playing SHSU and Rhett Bomar will make you never consider leaving early.

56BISON73
11-30-2018, 04:46 AM
Lets see??????????
The only game we have left early was a UNI game that we were winning handly and we had to be in Cody WY the next day. Got to be 5-6 years ago???

westnodak93bison
11-30-2018, 04:51 AM
^^^ Truth ^^^ The atmosphere in the Dome definitely changes.If we have a worthy opponent

scottietohottie
11-30-2018, 12:50 PM

I know I won't be bitching about parking one hour before kickoff.

Professor Chaos
11-30-2018, 01:10 PM
If we have a worthy opponent

Any playoff opponent is a worthy opponent in my opinion because any opponent could potentially end the season for the Bison if that opponent plays well enough and/or the Bison play shitty enough.

bruinbison
11-30-2018, 03:51 PM
Any playoff opponent is a worthy opponent in my opinion because any opponent could potentially end the season for the Bison if that opponent plays well enough and/or the Bison play shitty enough.

I’ll add to PC’s common sense that this is one of the all-time great Bison teams, e.g. you can debate 2018 & 2013.
Why would people not want to go see, and support, this team???
They still have to play the games, why not appreciate what we have right here in front of us?
Do people expect next years’ team to be as good, or better???
Why not enjoy Easton Stick & Co - 24 seniors - while you can.
If anyone missed Carson Wentz games, do you not regret it?
Don’t miss 2018!
GoBizon!

HerdBot
11-30-2018, 05:19 PM
Still lots of tickets. The good news is that even if it doesn't sell out, the number of tickets sold will be actual butts in the seat. Won't have many no shows a week in advance

westnodak93bison
11-30-2018, 05:31 PM
Any playoff opponent is a worthy opponent in my opinion because any opponent could potentially end the season for the Bison if that opponent plays well enough and/or the Bison play shitty enough.You know what I mean. There has to be a little hype going into the game to get the fans juiced up and the opponent has to pose a threat before fans will spend the energy.

Professor Chaos
11-30-2018, 05:37 PM
You know what I mean. There has to be a little hype going into the game to get the fans juiced up and the opponent has to pose a threat before fans will spend the energy.

You might be right but I still think that's a shit attitude if that's what's keeping fans away. They need a threat? How spoiled have we become?

runtheoption
11-30-2018, 07:14 PM
You might be right but I still think that's a shit attitude if that's what's keeping fans away. They need a threat? How spoiled have we become?

Living/working in the FM area during these playoff runs (hard to believe this is the 9th season in a row of deep playoff runs), I am certain the excitement over NDSU football is waning with the general population in this area. I don't hear near as much discussion about NDSU football at work, at church, at bars/restaurants, at kids' sporting events, etc.

I consider myself 1 of those weird superfan types (probably evidenced by reading, much less posting, on Bisonville), and I find myself not as excited for some of these events. This could possibly be attributed to the stage of my life where many of my Saturdays are consumed by my kids' sporting events. But even for those that don't have those same kind of weekend commitments, I don't see as many people going tailgating, whether they have tickets to the game or not. I don't see as many people saying they want to go the game, or even willing to put forth the minimal effort in buying tickets for any game, whether playoffs or regular season. Many people kinda ho-hum about another trip to Frisco for numerous reasons, but mainly because of the "been there, done that" feeling.

I suspect next year could be different, with this amazing senior class graduating. Our expectations for how next season would go are probably different than this year -- still championship expectations but maybe 2-3 regular season losses with a lot more close games than this year. Changed expectations could lead to more excitement over NDSU football.

El_Chapo
11-30-2018, 08:03 PM
there will be 2500 empty seats between unsold seats and people that don't show up.

its a fcs fatigue and its real and NDSU is in a bad spot right now, moving to FBS will be the only way to entice people that things can get EVEN BIGGER and BETTER!! because for 7-8 years straight, we've seen the top of the plateau. its here folks and a small time stony brook AD won't push the envelope :( :facepalm:

Professor Chaos
11-30-2018, 08:20 PM
Living/working in the FM area during these playoff runs (hard to believe this is the 9th season in a row of deep playoff runs), I am certain the excitement over NDSU football is waning with the general population in this area. I don't hear near as much discussion about NDSU football at work, at church, at bars/restaurants, at kids' sporting events, etc.

I consider myself 1 of those weird superfan types (probably evidenced by reading, much less posting, on Bisonville), and I find myself not as excited for some of these events. This could possibly be attributed to the stage of my life where many of my Saturdays are consumed by my kids' sporting events. But even for those that don't have those same kind of weekend commitments, I don't see as many people going tailgating, whether they have tickets to the game or not. I don't see as many people saying they want to go the game, or even willing to put forth the minimal effort in buying tickets for any game, whether playoffs or regular season. Many people kinda ho-hum about another trip to Frisco for numerous reasons, but mainly because of the "been there, done that" feeling.

I suspect next year could be different, with this amazing senior class graduating. Our expectations for how next season would go are probably different than this year -- still championship expectations but maybe 2-3 regular season losses with a lot more close games than this year. Changed expectations could lead to more excitement over NDSU football.
You're right and that's too bad but it's human nature. What's ironic is an upset playoff loss would drum up more interest/discussion at this point than another title.

What's remarkable is the fact that the coaches and players have fended off complacency as well as they have when it takes a heck of a lot more effort for them to maintain than it does for us fans where complacency has definitely set it. I guess that'll be the silver lining if/when things start to go south again it'll at least make the fan base appreciate success a little more.

Hammerhead
11-30-2018, 08:35 PM
I'm pumped for this game, but really think we spent money on tickets to a game that will be over before halftime.

HerdBot
11-30-2018, 08:36 PM

We are one of the most bizarre fan bases on the planet. The first one was the best. Illinois State was the 2nd best. Then it was kind of expected we would win. But beating James Madison after losing to them is now my favorite.

Who doesn't want a team that is so dominant its almost laughable? The players are hungry but the fans are stuffed. We've done more in 8 years than most programs do in 100. Actually, just having some close games might help

Professor Chaos
11-30-2018, 08:56 PM
We are one of the most bizarre fan bases on the planet. The first one was the best. Illinois State was the 2nd best. Then it was kind of expected we would win. But beating James Madison after losing to them is now my favorite.

Who doesn't want a team that is so dominant its almost laughable? The players are hungry but the fans are stuffed. We've done more in 8 years than most programs do in 100. Actually, just having some close games might help
Any fan getting bored with success should just follow the basketball programs (either of them) for a season. Come next fall following a well oiled machine like the Bison football team/program will be a breath of fresh air.

Bison 4 Life
11-30-2018, 08:57 PM
Any fan getting bored with success should just follow the basketball programs (either of them) for a season. Come next fall following a well oiled machine like the Bison football team/program will be a breath of fresh air.

Holy shit, nailed it.

Gully
12-01-2018, 01:54 AM

Pretty much this. It is interesting how many tickets already sold for the Target Field game. I think it's because it's something different. I'm hoping they can sign a game with one of the real big hitters in the SEC or something in future years.

bisonfanette
12-01-2018, 03:40 AM
At a local motel tonight with many fb players parents, and their sons (who came over for a short visit.) The parents could not be more EXCITED for this game, & these men are MORE THAN READY TO PLAY! ENTHUSIASM is running extremely high, as it should be!!! Playoffs are huge! We are so fortunate to be able to follow & be represented by this fine group of BISON!

GreenfieldBison
12-01-2018, 03:53 AM
At a local motel tonight with many fb players parents, and their sons (who came over for a short visit.) The parents could not be more EXCITED for this game, & these men are MORE THAN READY TO PLAY! ENTHUSIASM is running extremely high, as it should be!!! Playoffs are huge! We are so fortunate to be able to follow & be represented by this fine group of BISON!

I’m guessing this team is just a little pent up after what seems like an eternity since they last played. I’m so glad I’m not a Bobcat.

westnodak93bison
12-01-2018, 04:06 AM
I doubt the Scats are sleeping well tonight.

fmfantasy
12-01-2018, 06:30 AM
Something changed this year.. I went to one game and was slightly bored- it just felt like a meaningless game and was over in 15 minutes, the crowd wasn't really into it. the Intro is my favorite part of every game.. No one at work here in Fargo or friends I meet up with in town or even grads in the cities really care anymore.. they all say the same thing- "the games are boring and blowouts" my wife wont even go with me and the kids will go for the ice cream... Its almost like they have become a joke... "how much did they win by this week"

95 percent of the teams that come here have zero talent, no one knows who these schools are or cares.. its funny when I goto NYC 3 times a year people there ask about my jersey and seem more excited about the bison then in Fargo... 10 people stopped to talk about them in one trip through times square.... mostly eagles fans.. so nationally the brand is strong :)

fmfantasy
12-01-2018, 06:45 AM
I dont think we've sold 50 tickets since I started this thread. Not sure why people wouldn't want to see a good team like Montana State. This is actually a good playoff game.

No this isn't a good team and will get beat by 40... and even if this isn't true 95 percent of casual fans think it is... every year we hear how sand diego or towson or coastal Carolina is gonna be good and they are the same crappy teams...

gizmo
12-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Something changed this year.. I went to one game and was slightly bored- it just felt like a meaningless game and was over in 15 minutes, the crowd wasn't really into it. the Intro is my favorite part of every game.. No one at work here in Fargo or friends I meet up with in town or even grads in the cities really care anymore.. they all say the same thing- "the games are boring and blowouts" my wife wont even go with me and the kids will go for the ice cream... Its almost like they have become a joke... "how much did they win by this week"

95 percent of the teams that come here have zero talent, no one knows who these schools are or cares.. its funny when I goto NYC 3 times a year people there ask about my jersey and seem more excited about the bison then in Fargo... 10 people stopped to talk about them in one trip through times square.... mostly eagles fans.. so nationally the brand is strong :)

I have an idea to cure the Bison boredom in Fargo. Move the Bison about 300 miles west where The Force is strong. We will take them in a heartbeat. Also, calling teams we play "zero talent" is insulting and ignorant.

scottietohottie
12-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Something changed this year.

Maybe you got fentanyl instead of heroin.

BisonHorns
12-01-2018, 12:20 PM
I took a relative from Michigan to the Deleware game. He thought the tailgate was bigger than anything he had ever been to. I thought the energy in the dome was low but he walked out impressed. We also have 18,000 plus fans at home games which is incredible considering what other top schools do (sdsu). I think NDSU football is going great. If someone is bored at the games let the people on the season ticket waiting list have your tickets.

Gully
12-01-2018, 12:40 PM
I took a relative from Michigan to the Deleware game. He thought the tailgate was bigger than anything he had ever been to. I thought the energy in the dome was low but he walked out impressed. We also have 18,000 plus fans at home games which is incredible considering what other top schools do (sdsu). I think NDSU football is going great. If someone is bored at the games let the people on the season ticket waiting list have your tickets.

I do. They're generally available on Stubhub.com for games I don't go to :)

IzzyFlexion
12-01-2018, 03:01 PM
At a local motel tonight with many fb players parents, and their sons.

Dear Penthouse Forum:...……...

bisonfanette
12-02-2018, 02:07 AM
and with that..... we will begin a new thread Re: Colgate Tickets...!!! :facepalm: :biggrin: