PDA

View Full Version : Best Pro FB to play in the dome?

kab1one
02-14-2022, 07:05 PM
Copper Kupp- Although just part of half

David Johnson. One or two big nfl years.

Jerrick Mckinnon- Longivity

Phil

Marcus

Carson.

Others?

Hammerhead
02-14-2022, 07:18 PM
Kupp seems to be the biggest star. I would add Joe Mays and Billy Turner to the list. If you're going for longevity, I guess we have to add Kleinsasser.

ByeSonBusiness
02-14-2022, 07:30 PM
Vincent Jackson had himself a pretty good NFL career

Mr Meaty
02-14-2022, 07:38 PM
Adam Vinatieri.......................

bisonforever
02-14-2022, 08:11 PM
Copper Kupp- Although just part of half

David Johnson. One or two big nfl years.

Jerrick Mckinnon- Longivity

Phil

Marcus

Carson.

Others? Dome? Phil, Vincent and Adam V. Didn’t play in the Dome.

NDSU92
02-14-2022, 08:16 PM
Ramon Humber? Somehow that guy is always forgotten

Emanuel also had a better pro career than Marcus

Mr Meaty
02-14-2022, 08:17 PM
Dome? Phil, Vincent and Adam V. Didn’t play in the Dome.

Adam V was a 4 year letter winner at SDSU. Undrafted in 1996. So he sure did play in the dome. Dome opened Dec 1992. SDSU played in FARGO in 1994.

IndyBison
02-14-2022, 08:45 PM
Adam V was a 4 year letter winner at SDSU. Undrafted in 1996. So he sure did play in the dome. Dome opened Dec 1992. SDSU played in FARGO in 1994.

Had a conversation with him about this at his son's HS game this Fall. He believe he played one game in the dome and one at Dacotah Field.

kab1one
02-14-2022, 09:03 PM
I don't think Phil Hanson would have played in the dome. He was class of 91.

El_Chapo
02-14-2022, 09:11 PM
Cooper Kupp
Carson Wentz
David Johnson
Mckinnon
Billy Turner

that's about it to be honest.

Snowgoose
02-14-2022, 09:23 PM
Cooper Kupp
Carson Wentz
David Johnson
Mckinnon

that's about it to be honest.

Better add Trey Lance to that list. Even if he is somewhat a bust he was the third overall pick. Time will tell how great he will be. Plus we are not adding guys like Turner who is turning out to be a fantastic NFL player.

ByeSonBusiness
02-14-2022, 09:36 PM
Dome? Phil, Vincent and Adam V. Didn’t play in the Dome.

Vincent Jackson played in the dome. Pulled up an old box score.

He also had 9000 yards in the NFL.

kab1one
02-14-2022, 09:52 PM
Better add Trey Lance to that list. Even if he is somewhat a bust he was the third overall pick. Time will tell how great he will be. Plus we are not adding guys like Turner who is turning out to be a fantastic NFL player.

Time will tell with Trey as he has only played in a couple of games. Billy Turner yes to the list

HerdistheWord
02-14-2022, 10:00 PM
Cooper Kupp is on a Hall of Fame career path right now. Hard to say that about the other guys.

semobison
02-14-2022, 10:03 PM
Cooper Kupp is on a Hall of Fame career path right now. Hard to say that about the other guys.

Kupp did something this year that only one NFL receiver had done before. That guys name was Jerry Rice!

56BISON73
02-14-2022, 10:12 PM
Joe Mays, Craig Dahl, Joe Haeg, Brock Jensen, Kyle Emmanuel, Easton Stick

CAS4127
02-14-2022, 11:52 PM

Didnt play enough to be in mix on this poll.

Also, Phil H. didn’t play in Dome—>referencing earlier post.

Elvis was a Bison
02-15-2022, 12:28 AM
Couple of ISU Red players James Robinson and James O'Shaughnessy, both w/ Jaguars and SDSU alum Dallas Goedert w/ Eagles are all performing well early in their careers.

tolnabison
02-15-2022, 01:04 AM
Kupp's teammate at EWU in 2016. Kendrick Bourne has had himself a nice NFL career starting in San Francisco, now in New England.

unbison
02-15-2022, 08:24 AM
Didnt play enough to be in mix on this poll.

Also, Phil H. didn’t play in Dome—>referencing earlier post.

He does play by play… close enough?

The_Sicatoka
02-17-2022, 05:39 PM
Jim Kleinsasser (13 yrs in NFL) deserves a mention but would ultimately finish behind Kupp.

scottietohottie
02-17-2022, 05:40 PM
Bahahahaha.

Elvis was a Bison
02-18-2022, 02:35 PM
Jim Kleinsasser (13 yrs in NFL) deserves a mention but would ultimately finish behind Kupp.

Best player? He's not even the best tight-end. Goedert already has more receptions for more yards in his few years than Jimmy had in his entire 13 year career...

bisonaudit
02-18-2022, 02:39 PM
Best player? He's not even the best tight-end. Goedert already has more receptions for more yards in his few years than Jimmy had in his entire 13 year career...

Catching the ball wasn’t really his job at that level.

scottietohottie
02-18-2022, 02:48 PM
Catching the ball wasn’t really his job at that level.

Yeah his job was to drop it. Dropsaucer.

OrygunBison
02-18-2022, 02:56 PM

My eyes are watering because I just accidentally snorted a honey nut cheerio due to this comment.

tony
02-18-2022, 03:24 PM

Hey now, he was on the Vikings hands team too (with the NFC title on the line in 2003.)

I'm going with Trey Lance.

Kevin
02-18-2022, 03:43 PM

Didn't Clownsaucer play fullback though?

Elvis was a Bison
02-18-2022, 05:39 PM
Didn't Clownsaucer play fullback though?

He was listed as a tight end/H-back/fullback depending on what site you go to, but I found this recent article (about a month old) that has him as a tight end. It is a very positive view of his career.

https://purpleptsd.com/flashback-friday-jim-kleinsasser/

Bison Bridge Guy
02-18-2022, 07:09 PM
He was listed as a tight end/H-back/fullback depending on what site you go to, but I found this recent article (about a month old) that has him as a tight end. It is a very positive view of his career.

I'm not a Vikings fan but I've always been confused by the fan hate of Kleinsasser. He was a very effective player for a long time.

scottietohottie
02-18-2022, 07:11 PM
I'm not a Vikings fan but I've always been confused by the fan hate of Kleinsasser. He was a very effective player for a long time.

I always get him and Heidi heitkamp confused.

JMB
02-18-2022, 08:33 PM

Hell the Vikings used him as a backup lineman in a pinch.

I cross paths with him from time-to-time. His kids are of similar age to mine and sometimes play sports against each other. He seems like a pretty good guy.

Edit... I forgot to chime in on the topic...

I think from an long term impact...

Vincent Jackson probably leads the list.

Professor Chaos
10-28-2022, 02:09 PM
BREAKING: EWU legend Cooper Kupp says football should not be played on [red] artificial turf!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34892255/rams-wr-cooper-kupp-all-nfl-games-played-grass

Didn't feel the need to start a new thread even though this is a very big story!

Hammerhead
10-28-2022, 02:58 PM
Why not wear cleats that don't have so much traction on turf?

BREAKING: EWU legend Cooper Kupp says football should not be played on [red] artificial turf!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34892255/rams-wr-cooper-kupp-all-nfl-games-played-grass

Didn't feel the need to start a new thread even though this is a very big story!

BigHorns
10-28-2022, 07:38 PM

He's sort of stating the obvious. I want to rip my eyeballs out when I see that red field.
It would be quite the challenge to grow turf indoors. Do any domed fields do that?

Hammerhead
10-28-2022, 07:43 PM
He's sort of stating the obvious. I want to rip my eyeballs out when I see that field.

Kupp said all NFL games should be on natural grass and never mentioned the color. I don't see that as a viable option for teams that play in colder climates, share a stadium with other teams, or most indoor stadiums.

BigHorns
10-28-2022, 07:47 PM
Kupp said all NFL games should be on natural grass and never mentioned the color. I don't see that as a viable option for teams that play in colder climates, share a stadium with other teams, or most indoor stadiums.

Definitely not possible everywhere, but should be the standard for outdoor fields.
And red, purple, blue or any other color is just garbage.

Sun Bison
10-28-2022, 10:39 PM
He's sort of stating the obvious. I want to rip my eyeballs out when I see that red field.
It would be quite the challenge to grow turf indoors. Do any domed fields do that?

AZ Cardinals do. The field can me moved outdoors.