PDA

View Full Version : Collectables

JBB
07-03-2003, 02:30 AM
Right now my oldest BISON Ticket stub is Nov 7, 1992;Old Dacotah Field, Gen Amission; $6. Ticket # 1691. I have many tickets. Some used some not.

I also have the Banner that was handed out at the last game played at the old Dacotah Field. Again, it was Morningside.

Anybody else have anything?

Bob_Holiday
07-03-2003, 03:43 AM
Hey JBB,
I've got a ticket stub dated Oct. 16, 1971. If you look that up you'll find it was the UND/NDSU game, sadly a crushing defeat.

Go Bison
Bob

Bison49
07-03-2003, 01:37 PM
I also have a banner from the last game at Dacotah Field, a 1969 beer stine for the national championship and all the programs from the last five years.

JBB
07-03-2003, 02:13 PM
Yea Bob, I looked it up. we lost that one 23-7. I have been collecting the programs too. I think I have most if not all of the programs and sunday forums for every home game played in the
FFD. I really should go through that stuff. I think a lot of ticket stubs will be there too. It's all in a couple of boxes downstairs. I have a lot of old NDSU Annuals. The oldest is the 1917 Agassiz. For some reason it deals with the 1915 football team.

"The Fargo College game had all of the characterisics of a small town high school game. It developed into a talkfest with the Aggies doing most of ht talking and very little playing. Team work was conspicuous by its absence. It was a game of mistakes, misplays, and a continuous spasm of hotheaded discussions that caused the team to blow up. But for the coolness of a few Aggies we would have lost the game. Every man fought hard, but fought as an individual rather than collectively. the score of 7-6 was no more than we deserved. "Nemy", "Curley" and "Kell" (tho sick) played the most consistent foot ball (two words!)."

I thought that was an interesting paragraph. Fargo College was located in Island Park South of 5th Street. There are ball diamonds there now and a building that used to house an insurance company. Maybe it still does. Obviously the college is no longer there but in the early days of BISON football they were our greatest rivals not und.

Schemer
07-05-2003, 02:10 PM
I have a poster from the 'Dome Opener' against Pittsburg State. It's pretty money! Also, I have a few 'Domer Hankies' haha!