Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2024-25 MBB Schedule

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2024-25 MBB Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    October 23 according to MSUM coach this morning
    We will never hear the end of it from McFeely is NDSU does not beat Moorhead State. Its his alma mater so of course, it is inherently a better college than NDSU.

According to Dom on X the Summit League Tourney is moving from a Friday-Tuesday schedule to a Wednesday-Sunday with the semis for both men women being on Saturday and both finals on Sunday. Men's semis and title game will be on CBS-SN and women's title game also on CBS-SN.

I was hoping for this when CBS Sports was awarded the SLT media contract. Hopefully this means more Bison fans can make it down to Sioux Falls for the semis and finals with them being on the weekend.

This also makes the Summit League one of the first leagues to lock down their NCAA tourney autobid along with the MVC and others that finish up exactly one week before Selection Sunday.

According to WDAY NDSU to play exhibition game with Moorhead State.. Time and date to be determined
    I typically don’t find myself jealous of MSUM, but I am a little in this case. I had always hoped the Bison would play Augie with the Billeter connection and whatnot, but it never happened. Should be an interesting matchup with the Dragons. They’ve been one of the better programs in the region for the past several few years, as much as it pains me to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by LefseBison View Post
    We will never hear the end of it from McFeely is NDSU does not beat Moorhead State. Its his alma mater so of course, it is inherently a better college than NDSU.
    This makes me laugh. Mcfeely is just doing his job.

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This makes me laugh. Mcfeely is just doing his job.
    Glad you got a chuckle out of it. Jeff Kolpack does his job too, but he doesn't bring the mean-spiritedness that I see with McFeely (some of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by LefseBison View Post
    We shouldn't hear the end of it if we lose to MSUM, regardless of where the reporter went to school.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    We shouldn't hear the end of it if we lose to MSUM, regardless of where the reporter went to school.
    In the late 90s if my memory serves me correct we went to a game at MSUM where NDSU won like 99-98 or something like that and Brett Beason had like 50 for dragons.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Who or what determines whether a given game is considered an Exhibition Game? Is it just the first game of the year? We played Concordia (MN) a few years ago and it was not an exhibition...(Although that was the second game of that year).

Seems like you cheat the fans and players with a game that "doesn't count" and that a favored team can use as an excuse in the event that they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Who or what determines whether a given game is considered an Exhibition Game? Is it just the first game of the year? We played Concordia (MN) a few years ago and it was not an exhibition...(Although that was the second game of that year).

Seems like you cheat the fans and players with a game that "doesn't count" and that a favored team can use as an excuse in the event that they lose.
    Just the 1st game is an exhibition. Used to be 2 games. Not sure if theres any stipulations on the number of Non-D1/Non-NCAA teams you can play regular season wise.

Games will be on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays this year. Both games against SDSU will be on Wednesday nights.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...days-this-year
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.