Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: ETSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: ETSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Grant Olson is in over his head. Hopefully he figures it out soon.

CB will be back this week for the HOF induction, can we keep him around for a few weeks as a consultant for Grant /purple(kinda)
    COACH BOHL: We have a great, rich tradition at North Dakota State. The school has won eight National Championships in football. And so we've got a lot of pride, not only with these guys ‑‑ and D.J. alluded to it ‑‑ Bison pride. That goes all the way back to the '60s, I believe 1965.

A couple things from Polasek's press conference....

He said Raja isn't ready but will be week-by-week going forward. He also said Raja would have the opportunity to redshirt.

Braylon Henderson is questionable this week. Until he returns, Gores is going to be the punt returner, despite his muffs.

Terhark was injured (AC separation?) and may require surgery.

Thank goodness for our depth at WR!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    TP wont dial it back, ever. He got where he is today because he's stayed true to himself and the way he coaches. He is the same guy that he was as a GA back in 2006-2007. Intense, passionate, and loves coaching and teaching the game of football. He's fair, but firm, and he's going to call a spade a spade. And while the narrative these days is that you cant be too hard on kids otherwise they shut down, i am of the belief that if a kid understands the expectations and the standard, that gives them the best opportunity to be successful. If they arent successful, its because they arent very good and cant play at this level. The best thing for the defense is that him and Goose are best friends, and they are cut from the same cloth...so TP isnt going to pussy foot around with the issues at hand. He's going to tell it like it is.
    I agree with the positive comments about Polasek's performance in the pressers. I watched the last presser and what I took from it reading between the lines is that he reviewed a lot of prior year tape to get this job and he is laser focused on fixing the crap that we watched consistently in the past couple of years: poor/inconsistent performance from Bison mainstay standards at D line, LB, RB and secondary. I interpreted him as saying that he is happy with the D line improvement but he is not happy with the LB, RB, and secondary play because it isn't getting better fast enough. I think he is going to give Olson this week to get it fixed before he starts head coaching in a more hands on manner with the defense, and with respect to the RBs, he is going to be very intense with them personally until he gets the production he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Had a chance to watch the press conference last night. So, what did folks of how he opened a vein in public on the defense to Ross's question? Personally, I thought it was a bit of a dangerous move as all those things are ultimately his fault as head coach, and what was said in private should have stayed there. There is a reason for coach speak and not all of it is bad. If I was Coach Olson, I'd be a little upset that all the dirty laundry was made public as it kind of throws everyone under the bus except the head coach. I'm going to give him a pass as he's still learning the art of being a head coach, but think he actually had too much candor.
    What did he say?

Seems like hes always moving/working at 1000 mph. He seems to have been that way since he was an assistant here in late 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    What did he say?

Seems like hes always moving/working at 1000 mph. He seems to have been that way since he was an assistant here in late 2000s.
    One thing he said he told the RBs it's now 'make it, take it'. If they are on the field, they'll stay there as long as they break tackles and produce. If not, they're out and the next guy gets his shot.

Edit: This wasn't in response to Ross' question. More a response to JP's post.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    What did he say?

https://youtu.be/T5sUlWhLuYs?si=sLh6Mbv845y1Sdv-&t=353

Feels like TP is starting to feel the heat for promoting Grant Olson

ETSU was one of the better-coached teams I've seen. They played hard and clean too, from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    https://youtu.be/T5sUlWhLuYs?si=sLh6Mbv845y1Sdv-&t=353

Feels like TP is starting to feel the heat for promoting Grant Olson
    He is always a little amped up for pressers but he looks pretty agitated. Rightfully so.
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton

2-0 as GDT person guy